The Best Atlanta resource to all things food, brew, and foodie news.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Speaking Easy


This past weekend, I managed to pull myself away from the Atlanta food scene and found myself eating, drinking, and dancing with friends in Athens, GA!

I only stayed one night, which meant I had to consolidate for meals and places that I haven't visited in a long time. One of my most favorite places to go when in Athens is the quirky but awesome Speakeasy tapas bar.  


While Athens is a town stock full of amazing food findings, Speakeasy is one of those places where the atmosphere is always cool, the tapas are worth a wait, and large parties are welcome. Their ever changing but always consistently awesome menu truly encourages patrons to sit down, socialize with friends, share food together and try something new. 

Saturday night my friends and I tried the always delectable diet splurge spinach dip (pictured above), coconut shrimp, sesame tuna, gruyere fondue, crab cakes, tenderloin kabobs, and gnocchi. Let me tell you, for four people, these mini sized plates served up a whopping meal! 

My top two favorites (so hard to pick!) included the coconut shrimp and sesame tuna. The shrimp were tempura fried and came with a tangy pineapple dipping sauce,  while the tuna was served perfectly (rare) with a spicy Thai dipping sauce to garnish. 

In the future, if you're looking for a place in Athens to celebrate a birthday, graduation, or just each other - this place is definitely a top downtown food find. 

Tempura Shrimp - Speakin' real easy


No comments:

Post a Comment