The Best Atlanta resource to all things food, brew, and foodie news.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Not a Last Resort

Stawberry and Chocolate Cream Pancake Appetizer

As I mentioned in my Food Findings post "Speaking Easy", my quick trip to Athens, Ga this weekend proved to be as much a reason to eat at my favorite spots than anything else.

Behold, my tying pick for top Athens brunch find, the always hipster, always amazing, and always a top choice: Last Resort Grill.

When in doubt of a succulent brunch, lunch, or drink spot, choose the Last Resort. A staple in downtown Athens, this place has been pumping out exciting and sophisticated bistro style food for years.

I have not had Last Resort brunch for some time now, and after a long night out - the only thing that would keep me going today was a big bite of their jumbo pancake appetizer (above) with strawberries and chocolate cream.

As a side note I  must mention that if you are looking to try something on their menu, but don't want an entrée - feel free to ask for said item as an appetizer. I have done this a few times, and they have happily obliged.

While I love everything eggs, today was the time to try their shiitake-roma pasta which consisted of three kinds of mushrooms, feta cheese, roma tomatoes, and this tangy red pepper sauce that I would consider putting on everything.

Personally, I love this place because of the casual/hip atmosphere, extremely reasonable prices, and mouth watering entrées. Two more slightly non-traditional perks of Last Resort include always attractive bar tenders (male), and super cute clear coffee mugs. Something about the above combination makes this place a go to for family's, friends, and locals.

Blueberry Stuffed French Toast.. Yes, Way!

No comments:

Post a Comment