The Best Atlanta resource to all things food, brew, and foodie news.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Patio Perfect

One of the Best Patios in Virginia Highlands - Osteria 832
Monday madness rolled right on through yesterday, and proved to me that the first day of the week isn't always so bad. Why this sudden change of heart? Primarily because I found myself enjoying three of the five things I love to do the most.

In no specific order I managed to spend time with some of my closest friends, eat great, light Italian food, while sitting outside no less! Osteria 832, located in the heart of the Virginia Highlands neighborhood, is a regular spot for locals, out of towners, and brunch enthusiasts.

Two of my closest friends (Georgia & Josh) and myself caved to the thin crust cravings and headed over to Osteria for a night of chit chat, catch up, and trivia! Amongst the many appeals this place offers, their trivia generally turns out a large crowd (both indoors and out) and the competition is fierce.

Aside from an almost perfect patio and appealing bar (inside), Osteria's real forte remains their simple Italian-inspired food. One of my personal favorites is their caprese salad which consists of thick sliced fresh mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and balsamic glaze (so good!!)

The assorted traditional menu items pair well with their choice of thin crust pizza's, tasty pasta's, array of other salad choices, and bruschetta that kills the competition. If you don't believe me, take a peek below.

Melanzane Pesto Pizza with Tomatoes, Garlic, and Smoked Mozzarella


Rigatoni Rustica
Want more? Don't take this place off your list of lunch or brunch spots, you can click here to check out their brunch menu (or as I call it, the eggs menu) or you can follow them on facebook to see what new and exciting items and events are coming up! 

Personally, I love this place. It's easy on the wallet, always has good service, and is really nice with a group of people or just for two. My advice, grab some friends, order a bottle of wine, and try more than one pizza - you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment