The Best Atlanta resource to all things food, brew, and foodie news.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Get Into the Grind

Killer Good Burger
Today is a very special first for my Food Findings blog. My good friend Josh Stowell (@J_Stow on Twitter) and my boyfriend Will get all the credit for this yummy lunchtime "Grind" edition, which also goes by the name of the Grindhouse Killer Burger.


In order to serve up my around town findings, I need people from time to time to help me located and enjoy all the new (and old) places in the greater Atlanta area. Today's lunch spot pick was sent to me by Josh, and while I've been hearing about this burger for months from the two combined, I haven't had time to experience all the goodness that is the Grindhouse Killer Burger.

What I do know is that this burger haven is only a rocks throw from the GSU campus (downtown, Edgewood Ave) and tucked inside of the Sweet Auburn Curb Market. It's only open for lunch (11 am -4 pm, Mon-Sat) so I suggest taking a long "work" lunch or scheduling it instead of brunch this weekend.

If big hunks of high grade ground, red meat smothered with cheese/toppings doesn't tickle your fancy, I would go out on a limb to say that Grindhouse is not the lunch place for you. From what I've been told (and seen), this place puts out delectably juicy burgers at a pipping hot pace and leaves patrons ecstatically happy and somewhat heavy.

Just writing this post makes me want to take off the rest of the day, hop in my car, and get down there before 4 p.m. While that's a tempting thought, I've been promised a seat at the bar by both Josh and Will this weekend, and I will definitely wait for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment